Sodium fluoroacetate is toxic to all obligate aerobic organisms,
and highly toxic to mammals and insects. The oral dose
of sodium fluoroacetate sufficient to be lethal
in humans is 2–10 mg/kg
More full newspaper clipping → HERE
Dept. of Agriculture’s web site→ HERE
In dogs, the signs of poisoning are usually noticeable within half an hour of ingestion but can take more than six hours to show. Symptoms include vomiting, anxiety, disorientation, and shaking.
These quickly develop into frenzied behaviour with running and screaming fits, drooling, uncontrolled paddling, and seizures, followed by total collapse and death.
This agony may go on for up to 48 hours.
More → HERE